The Resilience Engineering Association is governed by the General Assembly of REA members who meet virtual or real once a year, mostly at the occasion of an International Symposium of Resilience Engineering. At the General Assembly new members of the Executive Committee are chosen. The Executive committee can elect associative members. Three members of the Executive Committee are chosen by the Executive Committee as board members with an officers function.
The REA Council encompasses both the executive committee and its associative members.
• President: Jean Pariès, Dédale France
• Secretary: Johan van der Vorm, AdviSafe, the Netherlands
• Treasurer: Eric Rigaud, MINES Paristech France
Contact the Council via:
- Arthur Dijkstra, ADMC, Netherlands
- Pedro Ferreira, CENTEC – IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Bob Wears, University of Florida USA/ Imperial College London, UK
- Matthieu Branlat, SINTEF, Norway
- Paulo Carvalho, Instituto de Engenharia Nuclear, Brasil
- Shigura Haga, Department of Contemporary Psychology, Rikkyo University, Japan
- Margareta Lützhöft, Australian Maritime College, Australia
Members of honor:
- Erik Hollnagel, Region of Southern Denmark, Danmark
- Dave Woods, Ohio State University, USA
The Council supports and works with dedicated members, especially young and old talents, developing and transferring knowledge and experience on resilience engineering.
Contact for Young Talents network:
- Gesa Praetorius, Kalmar Maritime Academy, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Dianka Zuiderwijk, Iridescent Organizing, the Netherlands
Contact for Old Talent network:
- John Wreathall, John Wreathall & Co
Juridical status of the Resilience Engineering Association
The Resilience Engineering Association (REA) is a non-profit association governed by French Law.
The head office of the Association is at MINES ParisTech – Centre de Recherche sur les Risques et la Sécurité (CRC) Rue Claude Daunesse, B.P. 207F-06904 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France